The group behind the recent IStandWithPhil.com movement, which played a leading role in Phil Robertson’s return to Duck Dynasty, is tracking the commercial viability of major Hollywood films courting faith audiences this year. During 2014, the year of the Bible movie, studios are targeting 46 million Faith Driven Consumers who spend $1.75 trillion annually.
The first such offering, Paramount’s film about Noah, could face commercial challenges with Faith Driven Consumers, according to a new online survey released Monday. The study shows that 98 percent of faith-driven consumers indicate their entertainment needs are not satisfied by Noah, a Bible-themed movie in which the biblical theme is reportedly replaced with one of Hollywood’s creation.
“Faith Driven Consumers are eager to channel their formidable purchasing power toward entertainment choices that resonate with their values, and are keenly interested in the Bible-themed films that Hollywood studios are offering this year,” says Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer and a certified brand strategist. “As such, moviemakers are positioned to realize large profits if they are successful in connecting with Faith Driven Consumers.
“However,” he continues, “our online survey finds that Paramount’s upcoming Noah film—widely reported to stray significantly from the core biblical message of the actual story—is going to face serious challenges resonating with Faith Driven Consumers, which could hurt the film’s bottom line. In order to increase its commercial viability, Paramount would be wise to take another look.”
With the impending release in March of the Paramount Pictures film Noah, starring Russell Crowe and directed by Darren Aronofsky, Faith Driven Consumer questioned members of the film’s target audience about the commercial viability of the $125 million movie given its widely reported and controversial deviation from the actual biblical narrative.
Faith Driven Consumer surveyed its supporters online over several days, and with more than 5,000 responses thus far, found that 98 percent are not “satisfied with a biblically themed movie—designed to appeal to you—which replaces the Bible’s core message with one created by Hollywood.” The survey’s current margin of error is 1.38 percent.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer