Darlene Zschech, the former Hillsong worship leader who is battling breast cancer, posted an update Friday, saying she has finished her first round of chemo and has five to go.
“I am coming to the end of round one of chemo (I have 5 to go) and all I can say is, ‘Grace, grace and more grace,’ ” the singer-songwriter wrote on her blog.
Zschech announced she had cancer at the end of December. She wrote on her blog at that time that she has experienced two miracles in her body before and has confidence there will be more to come.
Zschech served as the worship pastor at Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia, for more than 10 years before co-pastoring another church with her husband, Mark. The couple has led Hope Unlimited Church on the central coast of New South Wales since 2011.
Zschech has been writing about her journey since her announcement at the end of last year. She reported last week that she lost hair, which she says has been “very confronting.”
“It definitely makes me look sicker than I feel. In saying that, I am finding great freedom through this,” she wrote, adding that her husband and daughters have been a comfort to her.
Though it has been “quite a ride on an emotional roller,” she wrote, “I can say that through it all, I am assured of God’s love for me. Truly this has been one of the sweetest parts of the journey. My beautiful Emmanuel is never far away."
“Our Friends, family and our beloved church family are amazing every day,” she continued. “I’m ever convinced that life was always designed to be done in true community. Good days and bad days yet always better together.”
Zschech says she has been spending time writing songs and thoughts, which she will share when she is “on the other side of the mountain.”
“In fact, we are already planning a Thanksgiving service at our church in November," she wrote in her blog post, "where we will record songs birthed during this season. We simply want to fill the place with praise for all that God has done.”
The singer-songwriter says she has also been enjoying redesigning her home.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer