Jennifer Lopez's new TV drama The Fosters will make history on Monday evening when it becomes the first U.S. show to feature a same-sex wedding since the demise of America's Defense of Marriage Act.
Teri Polo and Sherri Saum, who play lesbian moms on the show, will exchange vows during the episode. Executive producer Peter Paige insists the nuptials storyline was written in June, before gay unions became legal—and the episode was going to air on Aug. 5, no matter what.
He tells TV Guide Magazine, "We knew the Supreme Court would likely make its decision before we shot. If they had ruled the other way we would have still gone ahead—only with an f--- you wedding! But because the court did rule the way it did, it was an even more resonant celebration."
Lopez is a producer on the show.
Copyright 2013 - WENN
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.