A few popular young celebrities have reportedly been meeting at a Beverly Hills hotel for a monthly Bible study.
Us Weekly reports that Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens are among those who have participated, getting together to discuss Scripture over coffee.
Gomez, 20, and Bieber, 18, reportedly ended their on-again, off-again relationship in December after a serious argument they had while vacationing in Mexico together. It is not known whether or not the prayer meetings are helping their troubled relationship.
Bieber has often spoke about his faith, and admitted last year that he doesn't believe in always attending church.
“A lot of people who are religious, I think they get lost. They go to church just to go to church. I'm not trying to disrespect them, but for me, I focus more on praying and talking to Him,” the pop superstar said in an interview with V Magazine. “I don't have to go to church.”
Though he openly spoke about Jesus to the Teen Choice Awards audience and made a pilgrimage to visit sites where Jesus walked in Israel, Bieber recently encountered controversy when photos surfaced of him apparently smoking marijuana.
Gomez, an actress, singer and fashion designer, reportedly thanked God at the Teen Choice Awards, though she is also causing controversy with the new R-rated movie she stars in, Spring Breakers.
90210 star Matt Lanter and Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, have also been part of the group. The Bible study, which meets in a conference room at the unnamed hotel, is reportedly organized by E! correspondent Jason Kennedy.
Mallette is an author and executive producer of a new pro-life film, Crescendo. Kennedy supports Generosity Water, a nonprofit founded by a Los Angeles-area pastor that works to provide clean drinking water to needy people around the world.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details