A recent study found that young people between ages 13 and 24 who said they were spiritual or religious were happier than those who said they were not spiritual or religious.
Sponsored by the Associated Press (AP) and MTV, the report showed that 80 percent of those who said they were religious said they were happy compared to only 60 percent of those who said their faith was not important to them.
“If you believe God is helping you, then everything else isn't as important and you can trust that there's somebody there for you no matter what,” Molly Luksik, a 21-year-old from Chicago, told the AP. “Just going to church and everything ... it's very calming, and everyone is nice.”
About 75 percent of the young people said that God affected their happiness while 90 percent surveyed said their happiness was partially controlled by them.
“I think you do have control over how you are going to feel on a particular day,” said David Mueller of Lockport, N.Y., a 20-year-old college student who attends an evangelical Christian megachurch called The Chapel. “When it comes to events in your whole life, it's already somewhat laid out for you. You can stray off to another path. But where God wants you to go, you are going to get there,” he said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details