If you're like many Americans, you spend hours every week on Facebook. So why not give your tithes and offerings through the social networking site?
That's the way Horace Nelson, a 36-year-old single father and software developer from Brooklyn, N.Y., sees it.
Nelson developed an app that enables churches to raise financial support using the emerging "social funding" model. You might call it a virtual collection plate; Nelson calls it Faith Funder. His application also lets churches reach beyond their membership to raise offerings.
"So many places of faith are simply and unnecessarily underfunded," Nelson says. "It's unfortunate, because there are plenty of people of faith who would gladly give trivial amounts to these places in need if only they knew how and it was easy and convenient."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details