When Darren Wilson started making Finger of God, he had no budget, no script and no idea what the movie was going to look like in the end.
Fast-forward five years, two documentaries and 120,000-plus DVDs sold, and his films continue to go viral among a rabid fan base of believers. As he launches a summer tour through about 40 cities for his new release, Father of Lights, Wilson is preparing for even greater response among believers and unbelievers alike. His new film documents real-life portrayals of God as a loving Father.
“We’re attempting to rebrand the Father,” Wilson says of his latest project, which confronts common misconceptions people have about God. “I wanted to make a film that explores the Father’s heart, to figure out: Who is He? Who is He not?”
A sequel to his previous two documentaries, Father of Lights once again shows average people doing extraordinary things for God in remarkable circumstances—“though this time the stakes are even higher,” he says.
Wilson expects 65,000 people to see his latest documentary throughout the summer tour, which kicks off Sunday at Bethel Church in Redding, Calif., and includes venues that average 1,500 to 1,800 seats each.
“We’re going all over the United States trying to hit every region—turning these things into massive, citywide, region-wide, outreach, evangelistic events,” Wilson says.
“We’re trying to get the whole community out—Christians, non-Christians,” he continues. “I just want everybody in a room so that the Father can then drop a love bomb on everybody and just see what happens.”
Finger of God, Wilson’s directorial debut, has sold more than 80,000 copies to date, despite Wilson spending only $5,000 in marketing. Its follow-up, Furious Love, was screened by thousands of churches worldwide and sold 60,000 copies. It also spawned a live conference and a book released in January, Igniting Furious Love.
Wilson plans to release his newest film on DVD in October, though it will be available exclusively at tour stops this summer.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details