It’s official: Suing the Devil is catching the nation by storm. On Wal-Mart’s official On Demand site, Vudu.com, the Christian film ranked in the Top 12 films out of more than 15,000 movies in the “Top Picks” category.
Suing the Devil also ranked in the Top 40 of the “Most Watched” category out of 15,635 films.
“It’s astounding,” says a spokesperson for Mouthwatering Productions, “to see an independent Christian film doing so well amidst the $100 million secular films.”
The film is also the No. 1 Christian movie in America on ChristianCinema.com. Some industry pundits believe it’s possible over 1 million people could watch the film in the month of April alone.
“We’re incredibly blessed,” says David Turrell, one of the film’s producers. “All the hard work of the past two years paid off and we owe it all to God.”
Reached on location-scouting for his next film, The Underground Railroad, director Tim Chey was ecstatic. “It’s all about trusting the Lord—letting Him fight your battles—and being at total rest that you will be vindicated in God’s good time. I love that over a million people can be shared the Good News in less than four weeks.”
The film famously survived a smear campaign of stalkers, film critics, atheist groups and devil worshippers continually attacking the film since its theatrical release.
Suing the Devil is also available on 90 percent of all cable stations through On Demand (Comcast, AT&T, Time-Warner, Cox, Cablevision, Rogers, Verizon, etc.) and iTunes, Vudu, Blockbuster and Amazon On Demand in the U.S. and Canada.
In the film, Luke O’Brien, a washed-up janitor turned night law student, decides to sue Satan (Malcolm McDowell) for $8 trillion. On the last day before Luke files a default judgment, Satan appears to defend himself. On Satan’s legal team are 10 of the country’s best trial lawyers. The entire world watches Legal TV to see who will win the “trial of the century.”
Suing the Devil stars McDowell, Rebecca St. James, Corbin Bernsen, Shannen Fields (Facing the Giants), Tom Sizemore, Ros Gentle and Bart Bronson. Hillsong also participated in the movie shot in Sydney, Australia.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details