While spending 24 hours in bed may sound restful to some couples, Ed and Lisa Young, founders of Texas-based Fellowship Church, will be doing just that on the roof of the church to promote their new book, Sexperiment.
During the “bed-in,” the couple will discuss sex to encourage married couples to take part in the book's challenge and experience what a healthy sex life can do for a marriage. The event, happening on Friday and Saturday—just days after the book's Tuesday release—will be streamed live on the book's website.
Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse challenges couples to have sex for seven days straight, with the promise that amazing results will last far beyond the week.
“Tragically, culture has kicked the bed out of church and God out of the bed,” Ed Young says. “It's time to bring God back in the bed and put the bed back in the church. That's what this bed-in is all about.”
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Friday, the Youngs will interview guests, Skype with pastors and friends from around the world, and “talk about the tantalizing truths about sex as God intended,” according to the book's website. They will answer relationship questions live via Twitter and Facebook, and highlight some of Young's most popular teachings about sex and relationships.
Although many see sex as just a physical routine, Ed and Lisa Young insist that it is a gift from God that “emotional, physical, psychological and above all, spiritual.”
“Christians tend to think that sensuality is carnality, but in actuality it’s spirituality,” they write in Sexperiment.
The book is receiving praise from popular church leaders.
Ed and Lisa Young have modeled a Christ-centered marriage for over 25 years,” say Craig and Amy Groeschel, senior pastors of LifeCurch.tv. “Their straightforward, encouraging and practical teaching in Sexperiment will take your marriage to a greater depth of intimacy than you've ever known before.”
“If you want to experience all of the pleasure and happiness God intended for your marriage, this book is a must-read,” comment Steven and Holly Furtick, lead pastors of Elevation Church.
Lead pastors of Hillsong New York City, Carl and Laura Lentz, say: “This book should be a pre-marriage pre-requisite and an annual 'wanna stay happily married' re-read! Thank God for a couple that continues to help others build strong marriages.”
The Youngs have spent decades teaching about relationships, and have helped many couples reach the highest level of intimacy.
Sexperiment is the latest in a surge of books about sex and marriage, among Real Marriage, a book by Mark and Grace Driscoll that released Jan. 3. All proceeds from the book will go to Fellowship Church.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details