Billy Graham hasn’t written a new book in more than five years. But aging Christians looking for wise words of advice from the beloved evangelist can look forward to a new release in October that answers specific questions they may have as they prepare to finish their race.
Graham has penned Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well. In the text, Graham shares his personal experience of growing older, but also teaches some important lessons on how to view our time here on earth.
Graham says the Bible makes it clear that God has a specific reason for keeping us here. So what is His purpose for these years, and how can we align our lives with it? How can we not only learn to cope with the fears and struggles and growing limitations we face but actually grow stronger inwardly in the midst of these difficulties?
“The best way to meet the challenges of old age is to prepare for them now, before they arrive,” says Graham. “I invite you to explore with me not only the realities of life as we grow older but also the hope and fulfillment—and even joy—that can be ours once we learn to look at these years from God’s point of view and discover His strength to sustain us every day.”
Graham's publisher, Matt Baugher, vice president and publisher at Thomas Nelson, calls Nearing Home one of the most important works Graham has ever written and one of his most vulnerable.
“Time catches up to all of us,” Baugher says. “At his age, with all that has come before, he is in a unique position to guide all of us on what it means to finish well in this life. God bless Billy Graham.”
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.