Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
I applaud the parents who are confronting school board members and passionately expressing their opposition to Critical Race Theory being taught to their children. They have reason to be angry for elementary school children are being taught that it is their race and skin color that defines them, categorizes them, and determines their destiny in the evil and racist American system.
It is not enough, however, to merely be "against" Critical Race Theory. We must present proactive, alternative truths that we are "for." Here are five explosive, alternative truths that will undermine and demolish the teachings of CRT and the 1619 Project. These five truths are:
- Slavery was not unique to America.
- Moral outrage erupted against slavery in colonial America.
- America's founders turned against slavery.
- America's founding documents are colorblind.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. would be opposed to Critical Race Theory.
Believers agree: God has made us in His own image (Gen. 1:27). But sometimes, our actions mar that image and keep it from its intended purposes.
That's the message Mark Sherwood, a leading naturopathic doctor and co-host of the Hope and Health podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, is trying to spread. He says by sticking to our standard American diet, we are unwittingly destroying a critical part of our body: our immune system.
"You've got to have a SWAT team," he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast, using a tactical metaphor for the immune system. "So the idea is that when something it comes into the body, or tries to get into the body, or is generated inside the body that's dangerous or harmful to us, the immune system is going to get induced. ... So once the immune system gets induced, that means the immune system looks around, it say, 'OK, I've surveilled something or identified something—what is it? Do I tolerate this? Is this good for me? Or is it intolerable? In other words, is it the enemy—something that's going to harm me?'"
Ronnie Floyd, a former pastor and the president of the Southern Baptist Convention's executive committee, has resigned his post with the denomination amid division over its handling of an investigation into 20 years of sexual abuse allegations.
He announced his departure in a letter sent to executive committee members Thursday.
Floyd, elected as head of the committee in 2019, cited potential damage to his reputation should he remain in SBC leadership. His exit comes on the heels of a vote to waive attorney-client privilege in an investigation into denominational leaders' handling of sexual abuse claims. Floyd opposed the decision.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details