Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Individuals who formerly identified as LGBTQ and left the lifestyle to follow Jesus are declaring a "rainbow revival" over their community.
Approximately 200 gathered at the Sylvan Theater near the Washington Monument for the Freedom March on June 5 to celebrate those who surrendered their formerly LGBTQ lifestyle to follow Jesus. After three hours of sharing testimonies that could only come from the miracle-working power of Jesus Christ, those gathered marched from the Sylvan Theater, around the pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial and back.
While sharing her testimony, one woman spoke of how in her early teenage years, because of a "pile of brokenness" in her heart, she started to "pursue" alcohol, Ecstasy and getting in trouble with the law.
"The Lord hates ... hands that shed innocent blood" (Prov. 6:16-17).
Over the next few days one of the most significant gatherings of U.S. Catholic bishops will take place. At the top of the agenda will be the issue of the sanctity of life. Catholic theology affirms that "life begins at conception."
The summit will review a document intended to clarify the church's stance on an issue vexing Catholic leaders for decades: Can "Catholic" political leaders and public figures receive Communion if they support the exterminating of developing unborn babies?
Times Square, synonymous with New York City, got a special visit from Metro World Child Sunday School Program on June 9, 2021. As part of celebrations for the reopening of New York City, the New York Police Department invited Metro World Child (Metro) to bring good fun and joy to the streets.
Metro's staff members dressed in bright neon T-shirts, distributed candies and fliers and had several highly engaging sessions from their iconic yellow Metro sidewalk truck at the center of Times Square. There were interactive games, Bible stories, prayer and raffles for a TV, a laptop and a hoverboard as part of the celebration. Several hundred children and adults from all over the world participated in their programs.
Some former Metro kids joined the celebration. Veronica Jimenez, now a women's conference speaker, who attended Metro's program 40 years ago when she was 12 years old, said, "Attending Metro's program was the only happy memory I had growing up in an abusive environment in Brooklyn. I can't imagine how my life would have turned out without it. I am so thrilled to see Metro is still serving the city today after 40 years." Quite a few locals came to the staff members to share their Metro stories from when they were children, including a security guard in Times Square.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details