This January, Focus on the Family is marking the observance of Sanctity of Human Life Month as well as announcing its yearlong efforts to promote the dignity of human life.
Focus’ Be a Voice for Life Campaign seeks to educate people about the inherent value and God-given worth of all human beings from the beginning of life in the womb to natural death—and at every point in between.
The ministry is breaking down its 2012 campaign into four quarters, with the first quarter focusing on preborn babies. The second quarter will be devoted to those with special needs; the third quarter will honor the elderly; and the fourth quarter will address orphans and the need for churches and communities to wrap around adoptive families and provide practical help.
Each three-month period will feature marketing, social and interactive media campaigns to raise awareness across the nation. The ministry also plans to equip its constituents to “Be a Voice for Life” by reaching out to others and making a difference in their own communities.
“We live in a time where human life seems to be devalued at every turn, whether by abortion, violence, cultural and ethnic clashes, human trafficking, slavery or pornography,” says Kelly Rosati, vice president of Community Outreach. “We need to communicate—and demonstrate through action—that human beings are created in the sacred image of God. As such, every person deserves justice, dignity and especially the right to life.”
January is Sanctity of Human Life Month, and Focus kicks off this quarter with a call to stand in the gap for some of the most vulnerable in our society—those in the womb. The tagline for this month is, “She already knows her mother’s voice, but she doesn’t have one of her own. Be her voice.”
Along those lines, Focus will announce new statistics later in January for the number of babies saved through its Option Ultrasound outreach. “Ultrasound technology transcends political debates and ideologies and provides a clear window into the reality of life within the womb,” says Rosati.
Since its inception in 2004, Focus has provided 530 grants for ultrasound or sonography training to qualified pregnancy medical clinics, including 21 placements in 2011. (An additional 29 applications are under way.) It also supplied more than $369,000 worth of benevolent resources to more than 1,100 clinics. Up until now, an estimated more than 100,000 babies have been saved from abortion since the program began.
“As we celebrate Sanctity of Human Life month, we hope to help people understand that this time not only applies to the preborn child, but children already born, and through all stages of life,” says Rosati.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details