Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
A woman in Utah has experienced a miraculous recovery after drinking sweet tea laced with acid.
Jan Harding, 67, said she knew something was wrong the moment she took a single sip of tea at Dickey's Barbeque near Salt Lake City.
She said it felt like her tongue and mouth was on fire.
An employee at the restaurant accidentally poured the toxic cleaning chemical into the tea in place of sugar.
The acid in the tea caused deep, ulcerated burns in Harding's esophagus, which could have killed her.
Harding and her family said their faith gave them hope that she would pull through the ordeal.
"Our faith is what kept us unified and optimistic," Harding's daughter said.
Harding agreed saying she could not have made it without the prayers of America.
"I've had people contact me from all over the nation that they thought it could have been them," Harding said.
Her husband added, "God has allowed something into our lives that is intended to make some very positive differences."
Police are looking into the matter to decide if any criminal charges will be filed in the case.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!