Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
A woman in Utah has experienced a miraculous recovery after drinking sweet tea laced with acid.
Jan Harding, 67, said she knew something was wrong the moment she took a single sip of tea at Dickey's Barbeque near Salt Lake City.
She said it felt like her tongue and mouth was on fire.
An employee at the restaurant accidentally poured the toxic cleaning chemical into the tea in place of sugar.
The acid in the tea caused deep, ulcerated burns in Harding's esophagus, which could have killed her.
Harding and her family said their faith gave them hope that she would pull through the ordeal.
"Our faith is what kept us unified and optimistic," Harding's daughter said.
Harding agreed saying she could not have made it without the prayers of America.
"I've had people contact me from all over the nation that they thought it could have been them," Harding said.
Her husband added, "God has allowed something into our lives that is intended to make some very positive differences."
Police are looking into the matter to decide if any criminal charges will be filed in the case.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.