Three Taken Into Custody in Boston Marathon Bomb Case

Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the investigation of last month's bombings at the Boston Marathon, the Boston Police Department said in its official Twitter feed on Wednesday.

The police offered no further information.

Investigators had previously identified two suspects, ethnic Chechen brothers they said placed pressure-cooker bombs at the race's finish line on April 15.

One, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, is being held in a prison medical center after being formally charged with crimes that carry the death penalty. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in a gunfight with police three days after the bombing that killed three people and injured 264 others.

© 2013 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved.

 

Your Turn

Comment Guidelines
View/Add Comments
Use Desktop Layout
Charisma News - Informing believers with news from a Spirit-filled perspective
button
button

Newsletters from Charisma

Stay in touch with the news, bloggers and articles that you enjoy.