Last week, I began sharing some prophetic keys I have learned from studying Jewish history, Rabbinic thought and current events here in Israel. Here are the rest:
1. Reading the Prophets. David Ben-Gurion, visionary and leader of Modern Zionism, read the Bible, particularly the prophets. He held Bible studies weekly in his home. He taught the Bible, but he made this mistake: He interpreted the Bible through a Communist viewpoint, as a kind of a socialist work. However, he was right to encourage the reading of the prophets, and to not just read the Bible, but try to live it. I believe that because he took inspiration from the Scriptures about restoring the nation of Israel, God chose him to be the first Prime Minister of Israel.
2. Pre-government Preparation. During the time of the British Mandate, prior to the establishment of the State of Israel, Ben-Gurion also realized that one day we were going to have a government, but we weren't ready yet. We needed to build an organization that could function like a government so that we'd be ready to have a nation when the time came. He set up an organization called the "Histadrut," and it began to function like a government until it later became one.
I believe that is a prophetic word for the church. The Ekklesia is supposed to be two things, not just the people who have been gathered out of the nations to become the body of Christ, but the word Ekklesia also means the governing body or coalition. As believers, we are here not just to run the church but act as our own "Histadrut" or pre-government. We are being prepared now to run Yeshua's government when He returns.
That's why we believe in apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, in elders and deacons, and in the structure of the church, because we are in training. A government isn't run by one person, but by a whole group of people. That's what discipleship is all about; getting ready to run one of the positions of His government.
3. Military Preparation. Ben-Gurion also knew that when we declared the new State of Israel, within 24 hours every nation in the Middle East was going to attack us. We were not ready. We didn't have any weapons or soldiers. We didn't know how to fight. So he turned over all of his other functions, held a training seminar, and formed a military in a year and a half.
I believe this is a prophetic word coming out of the body of Messiah in Israel. We are heading towards the greatest war in the history of mankind. We are moving into a period where all the nations of the world are going to attack Israel, Christians, and do everything they can to stop the second coming of Yeshua. I'm not saying you have to start to learn to shoot, but we do need to learn to pray and to prophesy, to understand the Scriptures and declare the Word of God.
4. Confrontation of the Nations. Binyamin Netanyahu, our Prime Minister, goes to the United Nations and confronts them, unlike any other world leader I've seen. He tells the U.N. they are making decisions against the land and people of Israel, even though we have a mandate from God to be here. He quotes the Bible and he rebukes them for immorality and humanistic thinking, boldly confronting the nations of this world.
There is something about the nation of Israel and its very existence that is in confrontation with the U.N. I believe we are going to begin to confront the nations of the world with the truth of God. This is one aspect of Israel's calling, and now that the body of Messiah is connected to Israel, we have a prophetic message to give to the world.
5. Exposing Radical Islam. More than any other world leader today, Netanyahu understands that radical Islamic terrorism is the worst evil this world has ever seen, and we need to fight it. People are being murdered at an unprecedented rate and nobody is really fighting it other than Israel. There is an alignment coming out of the nation of Israel, and you have the choice either to succumb to radical Islam or to fight against it.
The church doesn't necessarily need to take up weapons. But it needs to be able to speak the truth and call it what it is: a murderous, Antichrist spirit. When you send people all over the world to murder everyone who disagrees with you, you are breaking the Ten Commandments. That cannot be the God of Israel and we need to actively oppose it.
6. Establishment of the Throne of David. In Hebrew, there is no word for prime minister. Instead, he is the head of the government of Israel. Do you remember all the prophecies about Yeshua when He was born? He would sit on the throne of David and rule over the tribes of Jacob. When Yeshua comes back, He will sit on David's throne and rule the world from David's throne forever.
What is a throne? A throne is a chair. The prime minister has a chair that represents the government of Israel, the authority of David being restored in the land of Israel. Right now, Netanyahu as the prime minister of Israel sits in that chair. I'm not saying Netanyahu is the Messiah. I'm not even saying he's born again. But positionally, structurally, authoritatively he sits in the position of the throne of David.
We believe in a literal fulfillment of the prophecies of the kingdom of God coming on Earth. But until there was modern Israel and a government in Israel, how could you believe these prophecies? For 2,000 years much of the church did not really believe in the second coming, but instead in the second appearance. They believed that Yeshua is going to appear, come half way down, rapture away His bride, and then leave again! But the Bible says He comes back once—all the way back to the Mount of Olives! The fact that we have a nation here with a government, and its capital in Jerusalem, Yeshua can now is return and reign over the Earth from Jerusalem.
7. Physically Inheriting the Land. Lastly, one of the things that the head of the Israeli government does is to guarantee that we can live here and settle in the land: that we have the right establish homes, build farms, have an economy and raise our children. It is amazing how much this idea is hated by so many around the world.
Does the Bible say that when Yeshua comes back the saints will inherit the Earth (Matt. 5:5)? The way God promises that His kingdom will come to this Earth is through promising it to the Jewish people, in the land of Israel. If it doesn't happen here, it can't happen on the rest of the earth. However, the fact that Jewish people are living here is a sure sign that Yeshua is coming and we will inherit the Earth.
The majority of Christians have misbelieved for the last 2,000 years that we will live for eternity in heaven, leaving the Earth to the Antichrist, without a physical resurrection. That's all wrong teaching. But if the Jewish people never come back to the land of Israel, then that would probably be true. The covenant rights of the Jewish people to live in Israel guarantee the rights of Christians to inherit their own land and nation.
Asher Intrater is the founder and apostolic leader of Revive Israel Ministries, and oversees Ahavat Yeshua Congregation in Jerusalem, and Tiferet Yeshua Congregation in Tel Aviv. Asher was one of the founders of Tikkun International with Dan Juster and Eitan Shishkoff, and serves on the board of the Messianic Alliance of Israel and Aglow International. Together with his wife and full-time partner in ministry, Betty, they have a passion for personal prayer and devotion, local evangelism and discipleship in Hebrew, and unity of the body of believers worldwide.
For the original article, visit reviveisrael.org.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: