The expression “feet of Yeshua” has a fivefold meaning in the Scriptures, parts of it present, past and future.
1. Devotional intimacy. Perhaps the most well-known meaning today comes from the special, intimate, devotional expression we find in Miriam (Mary), one of Yeshua's closest disciples.
- Luke 10:39: Miriam sat at Yeshua's feet and heard His word.
- John 12:3: Miriam took very costly oil, anointed Yeshua's feet and wiped His feet with her hair.
By positioning herself at Yeshua’s feet, Miriam serves as an exquisite model for us not only of devotion and intimacy but also of humility and vulnerability.
2. Physical resurrection. When Yeshua was crucified, His hands and feet were pierced. After He rose from the dead, He showed His disciples the scars remaining on His body (John 20:27).
- Luke 24:39: "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
Yeshua proved that He really was resurrected and that the resurrection was physical and not merely spiritual. It also shows that the resurrected body is a continuation and glorification of our current body and not a totally distinct entity altogether (1 Cor. 15:35-50).
3. Eternal divinity. There are appearances of Yeshua in His pre-birth, pre-incarnation form throughout the Law and the Prophets. Some two dozen of these mysterious appearances of YHVH in the form of a man are documented in my book Who Ate Lunch With Abraham?
- Exodus 24:10: They saw the God of Israel, and under His feet was the work of sapphire stone.
In this case, 74 people saw this divine-human figure on Mount Sinai. The fact that the God of Israel appeared repeatedly in this "down to earth" form prepares the way for understanding Yeshua as the eternal and divine Messiah, the manifestation of God in human form.
4. Literal return. As Yeshua was physically raised from the dead, so will He return to earth at the Second Coming in bodily form.
- Zechariah 14:3-4: On that day, His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem from the east.
All the nations will attack Jerusalem. Yeshua will descend from heaven with a mighty army to destroy those nations. As He ascended from the Mount of Olives, so will He return. He will not come halfway down and hover in the air, but He will come all the way back to touch the ground—once and for all.
5. Millennial glory. After Yeshua returns, He will set up His kingdom of peace over the whole earth. Ezekiel had a vision of a divine Man speaking to him from the Millennial Temple:
- Ezekiel 43:6-7: "A man stood beside me. He said to me, 'Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever.'"
Yeshua will reign for 1,000 years in a glorified form with His spiritual and governmental capital in Jerusalem. The kingdom of God comes down to earth from heaven, and Yeshua’s glorified feet symbolize this reality.
Asher Intrater, along with his wife, Betty, is the director of Revive Israel Ministries, an apostolic ministry team dedicated to revival in Israel. The Intraters are committed to world evangelism, the power of the Holy Spirit, personal integrity, the lordship of Yeshua, the unity of the church and the restoration of the nation of Israel.
Charisma's Special Anointing Bundle. Get Charisma magazine plus these 2 Books - The Deborah Anointing & The Esther Anointing for only $24.97. Subscribe Now!
Hearing God's voice changes everything. You'll gain clarity, purpose and direction for your life. Start your journey to live your Life in the Spirit. Click here to draw closer to God!