Pro-Gay and Pro-Abortion Laura Bush to Address Leaders
Billy Graham says he is praying daily for spiritual awakening in America. Last week, Rush Limbaugh expressed the hope for America is an awakening. I think it's safe to say most serious Christians concur.
Studying the spiritual history of America, we have seen two major times of spiritual awakening that transformed the cultural landscape. In addition, we have seen times of divine intervention in our nation with the Pentecostal movement, the Catholic charismatic movement, the Jesus movement, and other such times of supernatural visitation.
An awakening or a revival is a season when God's people who have been lulled to sleep are jolted into the reality of the urgency of the hour and the need for Holy Spirit transformation. Some recent experiences illustrate why the time is now:
Surveying the literature in a charismatic church lobby, I noticed an upcoming conference where Andy Stanley, Laura Bush and Desmond Tutu are speaking on leadership. Laura Bush and Desmond Tutu are both supporters of abortion and gay marriage, plus retired Archbishop Tutu is pro-Marxist and anti-Israel!
Barna Research did a survey of pastors in America and discovered that while 97 percent agree same-sex marriage is wrong, only 31 percent say they would address the topic.
Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick-fil-A, now states that it was a business "mistake" to speak up for traditional marriage last year in the face of homosexual opposition.
A major Christian publishing house is considering a book authored by a supporter of homosexuality and gay marriage.
Two weeks ago in Texas, 65 leaders committed to attend a luncheon dealing with the issue of the radical gay agenda. In spite of a confirmation call the day before, less than 20 showed up. Food was wasted, and the host senior leader was extremely embarrassed.
Last week in Alabama, about 35 leaders showed up for a free buffet luncheon highlighting the importance of dealing with the assault on one man/one woman marriage. The planned citywide meeting on the same theme the next evening saw not one of the leaders present except the host pastor.
Here's the deal: At a critical time when we need the people of God fully alert, praying and taking Spirit-led action, we simply cannot afford to kick back in our hammocks while the enemy is storming the gates. Hitting the snooze alarm and listening to Lucifer's lullaby is unacceptable today.
May we rouse ourselves out of our stupor by reminding ourselves of the following very real consequences if same-sex marriage is legalized in our land. We need to review these realities, as every one of us is subjected to an avalanche of pro-gay and pro-gay marriage messages on a daily basis from the news media, political comments, sitcoms, celebrity interviews, music, videos, award presentations, academia, sport shows and the like. Tens of millions are being distracted and deceived by what my friend Matt Barber calls the "intentionally deceptive yet oh-so-sweet-sounding serenade of equality, tolerance and diversity."
And some of us are simply too busy fooling ourselves into thinking that because we have lots of activity, that represents fruitful ministry. It's time to slap ourselves upside the head and reorder our priorities with what God is saying in our generation.
The latest polls reveal that 43 percent of Americans are for gay marriage and 43 percent against. May rehearsing these realities enable us to be informed and intentional in engaging people at every possible opportunity with the facts of homosexual marriage.
The 10 Consequences of Gay Marriage
1. Total distortion of God's purpose for marriage as a picture of Christ's relationship with His church (Eph. 5:31-32).
2. Redefining marriage means redefining our religious liberties so that laws then prevent discrimination against any type of so-called marital relationship—including polygamy, polyamorous relationships and pederasty (gay relationships between adult males and adolescent boys).
3. Our children will suffer great harm and confusion through gay-friendly propaganda in schools plus the removal of the best way to ensure success for children: having both a father and mother.
4. Legalizing gay marriage "softens the soil" and paves the way for other gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender models being accepted and celebrated in the culture.
5. Government endorsement of gay marriage legitimizes this lifestyle to mainstream respectability, further eroding the morality of our nation and increasing dangerous, at-risk sexual behavior, contributing to higher rates of STDs and jeopardizing health care and our economy.
6. New laws, policies, initiatives and ordinances will be in enacted to "educate" people and force compliance with the progressive agenda. (Note: If even atheist Bill Maher agrees there is a "gay mafia" now "whacking people" into compliance, we ain't seen nothing yet—in our churches and Christian schools too!)
7. The youth of America will drift further into the throes of confusion regarding sexual identity and the necessity of marriage. Cohabitation, serial divorce and out-of-wedlock babies … why not?
8. We as a nation will plunge further into the depths of secularism and away from our heritage as a Judeo-Christian nation, with the blessing and protection of almighty God removed.
9. We will have removed the two foundational "legs" upon which our nation stands: the sanctity of life and the sanctity of marriage.
10. We will experience the wrath of God in ways we can't even imagine.
Here's the deal: homosexual practice and homosexual marriage is not permissible. It is prohibited without exception throughout the entire Bible.
If we are going to experience another spiritual awakening, let's read aloud on a regular basis the following description God gave to the Romans, who unfortunately didn't heed the warning and saw their civilization collapse. May it not happen to the United States America.
"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness. … Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. ... God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error" (Romans 1:18, 24, 26-27, NIV).
Larry Tomczakis a best-selling author and cultural commentator with more than 41 years of trusted ministry experience. His passion is to bring perspective, analysis and insight from a biblical worldview. He loves awakening people to today’s cultural realities and responses needed for a restored, influential church. Please visit LarryTomczak.com.
Are you willing to let God use you despite your tainted past or major struggles? Pat Schatzline shows you how God uses the unqualified to do the qualified work for his kingdom. Let go of excuses, confront your past and rise up now.
Use Desktop Layout
Charisma News - Informing believers with news from a Spirit-filled perspective