Editor's Note: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) President Peter LaBarbera offers the following seven lessons from the first-ever homosexual wedding occurring on a float in the annual Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif, on New Year's Day.
1. The Homosexual 'Marriage' Movement Is Evil. Moral-minded Americans need to face the truth of what the homosexual "marriage" movement is: a social evil—anti-Christian to the core—that celebrates what the Bible calls an egregious sexual sin as a moral good.
Homosexual activists are desperate to "normalize" their aberrant lifestyle. Their movement has become the Left's vanguard in undermining and redefining civilized Judeo-Christian principles. The LGBT lobby has become what historian Paul Johnson calls a "Monster in our Midst," trampling over and appropriating society's wholesome traditions and institutions—even Christianity itself—to achieve its godless goals.
2. Platform to Corrupt Children. The homosexual "marriage" movement corrupts impressionable children by teaching them that wrong is right (see Isaiah 5:20) and that erotic "love" between two people of the same sex is "equal" to natural marital love as ordained by God. Jesus Christ had strong words for anyone who promotes sin and corrupts the souls of innocent children.
3. Even 'Conservative Aspects of LGBT Agenda Are Radical. The Rose Parade's live homosexual "wedding" again illustrates that even the supposedly "conservative" side of the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) agenda is revolutionary and destructive—primarily because legalized, "domesticated" homosexualism provides a very public platform from which to redefine God's wonderful institutions of marriage and family.
"Gay" activists and their liberal allies co-opt noble institutions like the Rose Parade and use them to indoctrinate children in the Big Lies that homosexuality is just another kind of love and a mere "civil rights" issue. Similarly, schools across America are being used to promote immoral same-sex conduct as an "equality" issue.
4. Symbolic of America's Decline. The "gay wedding" float is symbolic of America's ongoing moral disintegration: In the name of "tolerance," "diversity" and "inclusion," we proudly parade our sin down our streets—defying our Creator and aggressively corrupting the minds and souls of future generations.
As historians have documented, sexual immorality, escalating fornication and the abandonment of fidelity in marriage bring about the collapse of civilizations; the United States will be no exception. No wonder developing nations like Jamaica don't want to emulate us.
5. Folly of Secular (Pro-'Gay') Conservatives. The homosexual "wedding" float clearly demonstrates the folly of secular "conservatives" (like atheist S.E. Cupp) and libertarians who argue that legalized homosexual "marriage" is a conservative proposition. Radically remolding God-given institutions to celebrate sin—and modeling such deviance and confusion as normal to impressionable children—is hardly "conservative." In fact, it is the essence of the Left's destructive Sexual Revolution. Republicans will seal their own demise if they foolishly embrace counterfeit "marriage" and other aspects of homosexualism, replacing their pro-family Platform.
6. Demonizing Christians as 'Haters' and 'Bigots.' As the Phil Robertson/Duck Dynasty controversy shows, homosexual groups like GLAAD regularly smear moral and religious critics with malicious slurs like "Bigots, Haters, and Homophobes." Opposing homosexualism (the ideology of proud homosexuality as a "civil right") in all its forms is not "hate." Rather, it is being faithfully obedient to our loving, holy Creator. True Christians should offer the hope of the life-changing gospel—not counterfeit "marriage"—to homosexuals. Jesus has helped many people like Michael Glatze abandon homosexual sin.
7. Faithful Christians Must Speak Out Now. The unbiblical "progressive evangelical" and liberal Catholic movement to affirm unrepentant homosexuals as "Christians" serves Satan's agenda, not God's. (Substitute another sexual sin for "gay" and see if it makes sense: Would the Rose Parade allow a live incestuous "union" atop one of its floats?)
Bible-believing Christians must speak out against the agenda to normalize homosexuality—especially since children are its target. If Christians will not resist the evil specter of homosexual "marriage," who will?
Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, has more than two decades experience fighting and exposing the powerful, well-funded homosexual lobby. Find him on Twitter at @PeterLaBarbera.
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Go deeper!
Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.