On Monday, a 2-mile-wide tornado tore through Moore, Okla., killing at least 24 people, although the estimated number of fatalities is reported to possibly top 90. Tragically, some of these deaths were children, as the tornado destroyed an elementary school while class was in session. Right now rescue teams are searching the area for survivors.
The past couple days have been very rough for the Midwest, as tornadoes touched down in other areas of Oklahoma, plus Texas, Kansas and Iowa, killing two others and injuring dozens.
Please pray with us for the state of Oklahoma and the entire Midwest:
1. Pray for the comfort and peace of God to sweep over the families and friends of those who have lost loves ones in this tragedy (Matt. 5:4).
2. Pray for Oklahoma, particularly the city of Moore, as they work to rebuild and restore what was destroyed (Is. 61:4).
3. Ask God to give wisdom to the leaders of the rescue efforts, and pray that they would continue to find more survivors (Jer. 1:8).
4. Pray that no more tornadoes would touch down and that any remaining storms would pass quickly (Matt. 8:23-27).
5. Declare Psalm 91 over the Midwestern region, and pray for divine protection to be established over those states.
“Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with lapis lazuli. I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones. All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace" (Is. 54:11-13, NIV).
Mike and Cindy Jacobs are the founders of Generals International, an international church movement reforming the nations of the world back to a biblical worldview.
Charisma's Special Anointing Bundle. Get Charisma magazine plus these 2 Books - The Deborah Anointing & The Esther Anointing for only $24.97. Subscribe Now!
Hearing God's voice changes everything. You'll gain clarity, purpose and direction for your life. Start your journey to live your Life in the Spirit. Click here to draw closer to God!