To everything there is a season—and this is the season where witchcraft gets heavy, demonic imaginations target minds and infirmities inflict bodies.
Of course, Jezebel and her witchcrafts can creep onto the scene any time of the year. But the month or so between Lent and Easter often brings with it an onslaught of spiritual attacks from every direction, and it grows more intense until it finally breaks after Resurrection Day. It’s like clockwork.
What’s going on? Mary worship seems to empower the Queen of Heaven, also known as Jezebel. When Mary is lifted up to a place where only Jesus belongs, it unleashes demonic activity in that territory. As demonic activity increases, people report feelings of oppression, fatigue, strong warfare against the mind that makes you feel like quitting, and even physical manifestations for which doctors can’t find a reason.
I’ve been getting hit with all of these things since Lent began, and am sounding the alarm so that you can rise up and battle against what is battling against you, in the name of Jesus. Please, pay close attention and remember that we aren’t warring against flesh and blood, and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. This is a spiritual battle against a spiritual foe that must bow to our spiritual weapons.
1. Gird the loins of your mind. The first step in any battle is to gird up the loins of your mind. 1 Peter 1:13 says, “Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
The battle really is in the mind—or at least it starts there. Last week, a friend of mine who had a stroke many years ago began manifesting with post-stroke symptoms out of the blue. The enemy was working on his mind, trying to convince him that what he had been delivered from was returning. Meanwhile, a lump manifested on the back of my neck that itched and burned like fire, followed a few days later by ear pain so bad that I could hardly think, the feeling of knives in my throat when I swallowed, and rocks in my stomach all at once. I finally broke down and went to the doctor. My vitals were normal. No sign of infection. I am convinced every bit of it was witchcraft.
2. Guard your heart. The Amplified version of 1 Peter 1:13 says, “brace up your minds; be sober (circumspect, morally alert).” Jezebel and her witchcrafts work to draw you into sin. When you are under heavy attack, your soul gets weary. Jesus can offer rest to your soul, but Jezebel wants to provide you a different way of escape through sin. Jezebel works to seduce you into idolatry or immorality (see Rev. 2:20). When you feel like you are getting hit from every side, guard your heart.
The Preacher said, “Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; remove your foot from evil” (Prov. 4:23-27, NKJV). Don’t run into temptation when you are under attack, run for cover—run to Jesus.
3. Cast down imaginations. Imaginations don’t always work to push sickness on you or tempt you to sin. Sometimes the devil just wants to overwhelm you with witchcraft imaginations so you’ll give up and go hide in a cave with a bag of potato chips, a bowl of ice cream, a big pillow and the TV remote control. If the Holy Spirit dwells in you, then so does the fruit of self-control. You can choose by your will to “cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor. 10:5, KJV).
But it’s up to you. Nobody can cast down those scary, hurtful or otherwise wrong thoughts for you—and nobody can replace them with “whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report” (Phil. 4:8).
4. Cast your cares on the Lord. I’m not saying you don’t have legitimate problems or concerns. I know all about legitimate problems and concerns. But mature spiritual warriors understand the balance between taking responsibility and casting your cares on the Lord (see 1 Pet. 5:7; Ps. 55:22).
Witchcraft imaginations totally skew your perspective—making monumental issues out of something God could fix with a wink. Cast your care on the Lord. Keep your eyes on Him. Pray for what you think you need—then believe He’s got your back. When you do, He promises to care for you and give you perfect peace (see Is. 26:3).
5. Speak the Word, use the Name and invoke the Blood. You have three powerful weapons at your disposal—spiritual weapons that are mighty through God to pull down strongholds. It’s hard to effectively wield those weapons when you are wallowing in condemnation, self-pity, fear or some other harmful emotion.
Snap out of it! Get the Word of God in your mouth because it’s your spiritual sword (Heb. 4:12). Speak the Word to your problems because the Word of God always accomplishes its purpose (Is. 55:11). Bind the enemy’s operations in the name of Jesus, and loose the opposite of what’s manifesting in your life with the power of life that’s in your tongue. And plead the blood of Jesus over your mind (Rev. 12:11). You’ve been bought with a price—spirit, soul and body. Your soul includes your mind.
I could write a book on spiritual warfare strategies against witchcraft—and maybe I will. But there is tremendous power in these fundamentals if you will apply them. The challenge is often discerning that we’re under attack. That’s where relationships with other mature Christians are helpful. They can often see what we can’t—and they can help us battle what’s coming against us. So when you are under spiritual assault, don’t isolate yourself and let Jezebel beat up on you with her witchcrafts. Run for cover. Run to your own company. Run to Jesus. Amen.
Charisma's Special Anointing Bundle. Get Charisma magazine plus these 2 Books - The Deborah Anointing & The Esther Anointing for only $24.97. Subscribe Now!
Hearing God's voice changes everything. You'll gain clarity, purpose and direction for your life. Start your journey to live your Life in the Spirit. Click here to draw closer to God!