Join us on the new C-Pop podcast where Taylor and Jessilyn discuss, debate and sometimes deride pop culture with a strong sense of humor and a focus on Christ. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Wanderlust Productions, the independent film studio behind the cult hit trilogy Finger of God, Furious Love and Father of Lights, is transforming the entertainment industry's long-established business model with the debut of its dynamic new documentary film Holy Ghost.
Featuring a concert by Jake Hamilton & The Sound with special guest Brian "Head" Welch of Korn, the Holy Ghost World Premiere Experience is a one-time, live global event this Saturday in which anyone, anywhere, can see the film for free.
Funded by 2,500 investors who surged to support director Darren Wilson's Kickstarter campaign, Holy Ghost raised a record-breaking $360,000 in just 45 days to become the No. 1 most-funded, faith-based film—and the No. 2 most-funded documentary—in Kickstarter history.
Wanderlust Productions is now mobilizing 25,000 of its most deeply dedicated fans to crowd-market and crowd-promote it through the #HolyGhostExperience campaign.
While a forward-thinking distribution model is key to this project's success, the content of Holy Ghost—unprecedented in motion-picture history—is the driving force behind the surge of support around the world.
Wilson shot his fourth film with no script, no plan and a single goal—to capture real-life evidence of God's presence on Earth. As a result, Holy Ghost is surprising from start to finish, documenting actual instances of divine healing, miracles and seemingly impossible events in improbable places.
"I come from an artistic home, and I've always believed that the best art is the most fearless art. That's why I am never interested in playing it safe or avoiding controversy as a filmmaker. When I decided to make a movie about this largely unknown subject, it was clearly understood that we would be pushing boundaries, both for Christian and non-Christian audiences alike.
"At the end of the day, Holy Ghost is fundamentally a film about risk. We believe audiences will find it fresh, appealing, and authentic—an unexpected spiritual journey filled with hope and surprise," Wilson notes.
Holy Ghost, the first film of its kind, was filmed in Salt Lake City, in Monte Carlo, Monaco, at a Korn concert in Iowa, and in Varanasi, India. Wilson's latest project moves seamlessly at breakneck pace from edgy street ministry to life-threatening encounters to interviews with acclaimed Christian artist Michael W. Smith and acclaimed recording artist Lenny Kravitz—keeping the audience engaged without missing a beat.
The Holy Ghost cast includes:
- Brian "Head" Welch — lead guitarist, Korn
- Chad Norris — lead pastor, City Church
- Lenny Kravitz — musician, author
- Bill Johnson — pastor, Bethel Church
- Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu — musician, Korn
- William P. Young — author, The Shack
- Meredith Andrews — musician, Jesus Culture
- Alok Srivastava — leader, TellAsia Ministries
- Mark Marx — evangelist, Causeway Coast Vineyard
- Jake Hamilton — musician, Jake Hamilton & The Sound
- Aaron Niequist — worship leader, Willow Creek Community Church
- Gary Wilson — artist
- Michael W. Smith — musician and recording artist
- Banning Liebscher — director, Jesus Culture
- DeVon Franklin — Senior VP, Columbia Pictures
- Todd White — evangelist, Lifestyle Christianity
- Brian and Jenn Johnson — worship leaders, Bethel Church
- Phil Vischer — creator, Veggie Tales
- Kim Walker-Smith — musician, Jesus Culture
- Heidi Baker — evangelist, Compelled by Love
- R.T. Kendall — theologian
- Tommy Green — musician, Sleeping Giant
- J. Lee Grady — minister, author
- Jamie Galloway — leader, East Gate Church
- Will Hart — minister, Hart Ministries
- Bishop Joseph Garlington — bishop, Covenant Church
To learn more about Holy Ghost, the World Premiere Experience, and view the trailer, click here.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!